Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blood is thicker than water.

I never understood what this quote meant. "Blood is thicker than water". I knew it had something to do with family ties and how it's the strongest kind that exists. But the water part confuses me. If family means blood, then what does water stand for? Every other relationship in life? It seems silly to dilute one's non-familial relations to nothing more than simple H2o. Plus, I don't know who would agree that having thick blood is a good thing. Babbling.. anyways.

The quote remains half true: as long as they are alive, you'll never lose family, no matter how much you love/hate them. Mine has definitely been through some rough spots, with financial discord as the main culprit. Though whose family hasn't? I bet we've all got quite the collection of skeletons gathering dust somewhere. In any case, you've just got to learn how to brush it off and get past all the BS that blinds you from the fact that you share DNA with this person and that it's never going to change, so you might as well deal with it and smile. :)

[ Photos of me and my cousins ]





No comments:

Post a Comment