Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ennui.

Hard to believe it's already been 2 months since I've been back home. It's been an everyday, take-it-as-it-comes struggle, with the job market hopelessly sinking with no end in sight. It also maddens me that most Starbucks still won't serve coffee in anything but paper cups. But I've become fonder of all the open spaces and 24/7 joints, though I might need more time for the pervasive advertising and waitresses treating me like Dr. Phil with their life stories.

I'm also happy to report that my 10-day no-carb nonsense is finally over! I celebrated with a hearty brunch consisting of nothing less than Belgian waffles, blueberry pancakes and creamy grits. Sorry, no pics. Was too busy savoring goodness ;)

But I do have some pics of my recent finds. In this economy (how many times do we see that phrase these days?), anything used or free sounds quite possibly even better than before.


I know, I know. This is probably the most pretentious, cliché book anybody can have these days, but it was $4 and I genuinely have been wanting to read it for a while. Found it at A Cappella, the used bookstore in Atlanta's hipster haven, Little Five. They play weird music there.


I also finally received my free gift from InterRail, a travel notebook! I'd bought one of their train passes back in April to travel through Germany, Austria, the Czech and Switzerland. It accidentally arrived to my old house in France, but my landlord was kind enough to forward it. Small acts of kindness rock.





Page 1.


Life's a little slow now, but at least I'll have a cool, InterRail notebook ready for when it starts to pick up. :)

Cheers, all. Have a fine weekend!

1 comment:

  1. how was the 10 day no carb ordeal? i really can't imagine >_<

    i'm glad to find you again :) i have always enjoyed reading your writing <3

    ReplyDelete