Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence.

Spent the holiday weekend with my parents by Lake Allatoona, an Army reservoir up I-75 just past Marietta. Didn't do much aside from lazy naps by the lake and taking a short hike through the Allatoona Battle Pass, which was the site of a Civil War battle. (Could it be from anything else in Georgia? I'm so rusty on my Southern history..) We caught some fireworks just down the road above Lake Acworth and spent the night at this cute B&B that came with a Southern breakfast and skittish kittens.












I didn't take any photos of the fireworks because my camera is absolute shite at nighttime shots (or, more likely, I just haven't figured out the right functions). Just take my word for it, it was an awesome display of fireworks, even if I had to be surrounded by rednecks and Republicans to see it.

We also made a pit stop at Piedmont Park on the way home for some lunch grub and a walk in a park, something I haven't done since high school.





Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th as well. God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment