Monday, August 2, 2010

Inspiration, dose #2

Hello chingoos. Hope your week has started off well.

Being unemployed has really put me on a roller-coaster through my head and soul this summer. I've reached many low points, surmounted some of the highs and experienced everything in between. It's becoming a day-to-day effort to remain focused on the larger picture and staying optimistic, but I'll live. I am now. :)

That said, unemployment has also allowed me plenty of time to get back to some old hobbies. When I was younger, I took years of after-school art classes. Then I quit somewhere around the 8th grade when I decided I could be way cooler in high school without a paintbrush in my hand. (That obviously didn't work out as planned.) So I recently tried to get back into the watercolor swing-of-things. Mind you, it's been years and I was never a good artist anyway:






The paper is from a pack of blank postcards I'd bought at the Tate Museum in London this past February. I have a slight obsession with postcards. I've bought at least 10 from each city I've been to. The one place I don't have any from? Atlanta. Go fig. Oh, and the Paris one remains unfinished, as I'm trying to find something other than the Eiffel Tower to paint in the middle. Wish I'd planned out the space better beforehand :\

Also went to the Blue Ridge mountains with some friends this past weekend:




I wish I'd taken more photos of the cabin because it was just the cutest thing. Lots of ochre-colored paneling with a bear theme. There were wooden bears hanging on the walls, stitched onto the pillows and towels, teddy bears on the couches.. it was like an Abercrombie ad dream come true, haha.

Bonne semaine, tous.

1 comment: