Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blimey mate, where do you get off?

Hello and hello :) Just got back from a 10-day romp around England, 'twas a great time traveling and taking a break from France. I love this country, but after a while the deadness of Sundays and speaking French starts to take its toll. It was nice to be able to speak English for a while, despite the accent which I found to not always sound glamorous or appealing, esp. when it's laced with alcohol and intoxication (loved the pubs, but I think it's quite possible the English drink a BIT too much..) On the other hand, we met some lovely Australians at our hostel in York and ended up exchanging contact info and a possibility for a brief visit to our little house in April. This is what I love most about traveling - meeting new people and partaking in cultural exchange. I sound like an ad for the UN or Bennetton, haha.

Most of my photos are up on Facebook, but I wanted to share my favorite souvenir on my blog for all 10 of you who read it and can appreciate it :) I got it from a store in Oxford called Scriptum. I've been wanting to find something like this ever since my dear friend Hannah used to write me letters from her time in Oxford two summers ago with wax-sealed envelopes. Now I have my own! The store also had lots of old-timey stationary, postcards and desk globes but I had restrain myself, otherwise I would've taken the entire store with me back on Ryanair, haha.

Well, CHEERS and happy Monday/first day of March this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment