Friday, June 4, 2010

Unemployed.

It's been officially two weeks since I've returned to Atlanta and things are still weird for me. For one, I'm unemployed (FREE! LIBERATED!..... but unemployed.) The weather is dreadfully warm and muggy. The highways seem almost too spacious for their own good (if that's possible); the cartons of orange juice at Kroger are far, far too big for the one person in my house who drinks OJ for breakfast (me). Essentially, the enormity and abundance of things are still bit a jarring. Not that France was some cramped and deprived place, but it's sort of weird seeing stores open past 5 p.m. Despite all this, it still feels really, really good to be home. (Learning to embrace the heat, one storm at a time.)

But my travel bug wouldn't stay dormant for too long, so my parents and I went to D.C. for the holiday weekend:

The Hilton Washington

It was my parents first time in D.C.




Michelle Obama's organic garden!

Memorial Day concert at the Capitol. We saw Lionel Richie!

Sunday morning market at Dupont Circle





India.Arie's guitar at the American History museum. She was an idol to me in high school.

I think we all know whose ensemble this is.

Just remembered that I'd forgotten to post pics from my final romp around Europe. Most are already on Facebook, but I'll put some extras up soon. My poor Mac had to get shipped in this past week because my dad accidentally spilled water on the keyboard, so even though it's fixed, it tends to heat up quite quickly (i.e., from photo uploads). Anyhoo. Happy weekend, all. And please inform me of any openings - Atlanta, or elsewhere. Can't stay put for too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment